Holiday Update: December 22, 2010
Greetings, SWJPagers!
The holiday season is a natural time for reflection, thanksgiving, and charity. Because of your support, I have much to be thankful for this holiday season.
A little sign on one of the more decorated homes in the neighborhood reflects an appropriate sentiment for the season. “Count your blessings,” it says.
Now, I know it’s just a little sign and that there are millions of messages like this one in the media and out in the marketplace, but in light of my battle with cancer, this little message really did strike a cord with me and ring true.
As I’ve done my holiday shopping this year, and in years past, too, I always find myself wanting to give more, to spend a little bit more, and to buy that perfect gift. So, on my way home from shopping one day while I was wondering if I had made it a “December to remember” as the automaker ad says, I saw that little sign and it prompted a dose of appropriate holiday perspective. “Count your blessings.”
It wasn’t difficult to reflect upon the blessings of 2010, there are so many to be thankful for, especially given your care, thoughts, and charity. Thinking of the many blessings that you all have prayed for and God has bestowed upon me, I get emotional… and that’s good! With those blessings in mind, this holiday season I refuse to let what isn’t keep me from enjoying what is. I’m thankful for God’s blessings, and I hope you are, too.
Lastly, my goal this holiday season is to really live in the moment. Maybe I haven’t so much in the recent past. This year, I don’t want to be in one place thinking about the next place we are supposed to be or do anything of that kind. I don’t want to get bogged-down by the hustle and bustle of the holiday. When it comes time, I want to be disappointed when the night is over. I want to be upset when Katie tells me it’s time to go. I hope to enjoy the holiday festivities with family and friends with all of the wonder of the first time. While being responsible, of course, I hope you do the same.
Thanks for all of the support over the past year. I really couldn’t do it without you all. Thanks for hanging with me and standing by my side and helping me see this fight through. God bless.
Will, Katie, Mack
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yer in my heart Will! God bless and have a kick butt Holiday Season!
ReplyDelete